Drill-core logging services:
Drill-core logging, data analyses and interpretation services include collecting geological, mineralogical, structural and geotechnical data in oriented or non-oriented core, sampling, data processing and interpretation.
Lithological and mineralogical logging and data analysis:
- petrography of the drilled intervals and correlation with available geological maps and/or 3-D geological models.
- Characterisation of alteration style, type and intensity.
- Ore mineralisations and associated gangue minerals description; distribution forms (veins, disseminations, deposited in caverns, etc.) and changes along the drilled intervals, as well as in the different lithologies; ore minerals distribution in relation to different host rock alteration styles.
- Thin-section and polished-section studies and interpretations.
Structural and Geotechnical studies:
- Parameters used for estimating rock-mass quality and strength (core recovery, rock quality designation, Q-value, RMR classification).
- Rock-mass structural features data: wideness, position and orientation fracture zones (including morphology and pieces size); characterisation of fault zones;
- Structural measurements in oriented or partially oriented cores (brittle and ductile structures, veins, lithological contacts, etc.) and structural analysis.
Sampling and samples analyses:
- Petrographical and mineralogical analyses.
- Chemical analyses.
- Rock physical-parameters analyses.
- Structural analysis
Development of core logging database
back to services